The Next Big Thing … is that you? It could be … better check this list!
Dirty, rotten scoundrel — I mean, great friend, Julie Reece — tagged me to take part in “The Next Big Thing” and answer ten questions about my current work in progress, so here I go …
1. What is the working title of your next book?
My next one isn’t a working title — it’s Day After. But if I push away my already-contracted books, a working title of a work-in-progress is Perry Road.
2. Where did the idea come from?
For Perry Road? Um … a really weird little poem-y thing I wrote. It’s … a little weird.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Young adult and oddly enough, a paranormal dystopian romance.
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Well … um … gracious … my story is only 12,500 words long so far and the characters aren’t fully fleshed out. BUT … knowing who they are a little … Laura Marano (Ally Dawson in “Austin & Ally”) would be awesome as Arianna and Patrick Schwarzenegger (yeah, yeah, Arnold’s son) would be an awesome Nick.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Hmmm …. just one? Really? I haven’t gotten that far to know the whole story but ultimately, it’s this … “What begins on Perry Road, ends on Perry Road and everything that happens on Perry Road stays on Perry Road, that is until eighteen year old Ari breaks a rule for the very first time in her life and more than just her life’s foundation begins to crumble; the entire US government’s will too.”
Way too cryptic at this point because the full book (a trilogy) isn’t quite done.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I’ll go Indie Publisher, probably exclusively and forever.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draught of the manuscript?
Not done. After Dark, the book that comes out October 31st of THIS year though, that one took me 45 days.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within the same genre?
Um … no idea. Call my clueless.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I just write whatever hits me. After Dark was that way. I love the paranormal and got an idea in my head about a girl. Tada.
10. What else about your book might pique the readers’ interest?
For After Dark – it’s a 3-book paranormal trilogy and you have to read to the last book to find out what happens and why. But in Perry Road … I’ll have to write more to really pick out what would be intriguing.
Thanks, Julie for including me!